Sunday, March 11, 2012

Days 38 & 39

K and her Build-A-Bears
 We had a great weekend.  When things feel normal, I don’t have the urge to write because I am too busy enjoying every second to stop and blog.

Kennedy acted like a normal kid all weekend.  She’s still introverted and a bit more clingy but that’s okay, I’ll take it. 

Saturday started off great and just continued to get better. Maddox and I went to our classes, Gene sold the trailer, Maddox went rock climbing with his pal and we had Miss. Ella and her family over for dinner.  We enjoyed the day so much it was as if “C” never entered our lives.  Saturday night was especially nice since we had a drink and sat with another couple that understood what we were going through.

Molly and K
As for Sunday, the cleaning craze continued but we did stop to enjoy life a bit too.   Molly called for a play date with Kennedy, which was unbelievably sweet.  Molly is in 5th grade and tutors Kennedy but K adores her as so much more than a teacher.  The fact that Molly just came to play brightened up K’s day.  They decorated the driveway (which was good because that got K out of the house), made smoothies, played games and were just silly.  After 3.5 hours, K still didn’t have enough of Molly and poor Molly would have kept on going if I didn’t tell her to run for her life.  She’ll be back tomorrow to work with K on lesson plans and Kennedy can hardly wait. 

Maddox rock climbing (thanks Jane!)
I am amazed at how much this disease has taught me.  Before Kennedy got ill, I was living life in a rush and many times I just never stopped to take a look around and appreciate all of the wonderful people around me.  I am a bit ashamed that I never took the time to reach out to neighbors, call old friends or keep up with family.  There is something about disease and illness that makes you see the world differently.  So to all my family and friends, new and old – I am sorry if I wasn’t as thoughtful as I should have been, if I didn’t call enough, introduce myself or keep up with things you found important.  I am so grateful for the support and kindness shown to us and I will do my best to ensure I never get lost in the rush again. 


Much love to all and cheers to many more weekends like this one.  

3 comments:

  1. You and your family are amazing- and you are one of the most thoughtful people I have ever met. Your energy, spirit and big heart are admirable. I have often compared myself to you and fell short :) haha- Edan- life throws curve balls that make you see things differently, but I have always thought you to be amazingly wonderful. Glad K had a good weekend! Nora talks about her all the time as we read the blog together. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always paid it forward- always given more than you got. It's your turn now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a wonderful evening with your family! Thank you so much for dinner and having us over. Next time you are all invited here!
    Hoping this week goes well!
    Blessings~Katie

    ReplyDelete