Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 33


This morning it was hard to leave the house.  K was a bit nauseated and I went to work leaving her on my bed with bucket in hand, I felt awful.   I left my phone number and Gene’s phone number with K and she finally figured out how to use the phone all by herself. 

Gina and K cooking
The first call was to tell me her neck pain returned and she wanted Tylenol.  I told her to look at the clock and if she still had the pain in 10 minutes, to call me back and I would have Gala give it to her.  Instead she called dad back in 10 minutes and he arranged the medicine with Gala.

Thankfully, the rest of the day got better. Molly came over to work with K on her writing and she wound up painting Kennedy’s and Maddox’s face.  Kennedy had a butterfly mask and Maddox had “Go Bulls”. 

I met with the Red Cross today and we are working on setting up three blood drives at the HIP: one in May, one in June and another in September. I also caught up on some projects I had put off and overall had a good day.

Dad and Maddox at the Bulls game
Dad took Maddox to a Bulls game tonight thanks to his boss Jolie (thank you!).  It was a great time for them to bond and Maddox really needed some one-on-one dad time.  Gina came over to play with K for a few hours and we wound up making cookies, playing a game and creating jewelry.  Around 8’ish Kennedy started feeling queasy so I walked Gina home across the street, gave K a bath and put her to bed.  I finally sat down for dinner at 9 – long, long day!  I miss my boys.


1 comment:

  1. sooo glad you finally got thru to the red cross! what a huge success it will be! sounds like YOU need a girls night (or hour)! let me know when you are ready!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete