Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 22




Had a great mommy/daughter day at home.  We started the day by making sugar free cupcakes and decorating them.  We played Barbies, did some art projects and ate a lot!  Kennedy’s girlfriend Sofia came by for an hour.   

Listening to her talk to her girlfriend made me realize how much K thinks about food AND how much she’s grown up in only 22 days.  K has been with adults so often she is starting to sound like one.  

All four of K's build-a-bears that she built in the hospital arrived today.  Kennedy was ecstatic.   I’m thinking we will be ordering another one tomorrow  after clinic. 

Molly came over to help K with some pre-K projects.  I thought I had to prepare a lesson plan but Molly had me beat.  She came with a packet of shapes and site words – thanks Molly.  After they were done, Molly spent some time playing build-a-bears with both K and Maddox.
Tomorrow is another mommy/daughter day and a chemo day.  It is also the day we find out if they need to de/re-access her port for more days of home administered antibiotics.  I prepped K for the Pokey just in case.  We also packed a ton of food and crafts (just in case her counts are low and needs blood or platelets). 

Hoping for an easy day at clinic tomorrow, no pokey and another fabulous day with my sweet girl.







6 comments:

  1. I hope clinic goes smoothly with no pokes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all goes well! Kennedy is quite the trooper. If she ever wants any build-a-bears, I have a lot at home. Thinking of you~
    ☻☺♥Molly♥☺☻

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Kennedy sounds like you are a very brave little girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you are all home now! Hope you stay there for awhile! crossing my fingers for no pokey tomorrow! know that we are always thinking about you guys! Think I/we could stop over for a visit this weekend? Or do you think the germs might be too much?? let me know what you honestly think!! love and positive thoughts and wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like K should be thinking about additional housing for the Bears. Maybe she could draw a design for their living space. I've heard that that's how Frank Lloyd Wright got started.
    Positive thoughts coming your way today!!!!
    XOXO,
    Norine

    ReplyDelete