Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 11


Uneventful…thankfully.

Kennedy and mom spent the day lying around the hospital room.  Doc come to visit and said no bacteria growth yet on the culture but we still had 48 full hours to pass to know for sure.

K broke another fever around noon but after some Tylenol, I saw the first glimpse of Kennedy in days.  She was playful and happy.  She even walked down to the playroom; unfortunately it was closed.

We decided to play beauty shop so I finally got a comb through her hair that started to dread.  She was a great sport because her hair resembled a birds nest with a ton of knots and she didn’t comlain.

Today Kenendy’s appetite was like none-other.  She downed 4 bowls of Cheerios, noodles, popcorn, bread with cream cheese and Cheetos.  Cousin Nicole fulfilled her craving for noodles and Cheetos which put a bit smile on her face.

Dad spent the day with Maddox at his wrestling meet and came back around 2ish and crawled in bed with K.  We all napped, kind of.

Tonight I went home and dad stayed.  It was so hard to leave.  It hurt to think I wouldn’t see her all night. 

I’m attempting to go to work tomorrow so Gene and I can start trading work days.  So far, the plan is still in tact.  I will get up early, drop off edamame, string cheese and McDonald’s hash browns (per K’s request) at the hospital before work and head straight back there afterwards so Gene can go home. 

Taking life day by day.

3 comments:

  1. Been reading Kennedy's blog and hearing your news from Brian. So unbelievable. I keep picturing Kennedy the day on the lake, being pulled on the tube-totally fearless! :) She's a warrior, okay a warrior princess!:)
    Thinking of all of you all the time,
    Betsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. My good friend Jane Rivera sent me a link to your blog. Our families had met before, last summer, in Antioch. Kennedy and your entire family will be in our hearts and prayers, sending all the good vibes we have in our arsenal your way. As a cancer survivor myself, I accepted as many prayers as I could and I also asked others to pray for the doctors, their staff and the drug companies. Faith and medicine all played a role in my feeling healthy today. I can only imagine how your world has been turned upside down and we are looking forward to seeing you all and spending more time together this summer on the lakes. Take care of yourselves and best of luck with everything.
    Regards,
    The Parpart Family,
    Plainfield, IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. After hearing the news today, & reading your blog Edan, with a heavy heart, all of my positive prayers, thoughts and wishes are sent to Kennedy. She is a strong, sweet girl who has the love of her friends and family to help her through. We look forward to the day on the lake celebrating Kennedy's life and good health.... Love & Prayers, Justin, Melissa, Mackenzie and Madden

    ReplyDelete