Thursday, May 17, 2012

Days 101 - 104



Back at Loyola for Kennedy’s 4th admit, only 2 more stays to go during the intensification period of treatment.  By August we will be on maintenance, meaning no more overnight stays for chemo.  Soon we will only have chemo once - twice per month, then once per month…eventually we will be done with cancer for good.  Only 808 more days until “eventually”.

Kennedy’s main doctor returned today and saw her for the first time in 6-weeks.  He was very pleased with her reaction to treatment.  He loved the way she looked, her counts and even the hair that started to return to her cute little head.  Dr. Manera is the strict doc. As overprotective as he is about her being in public spaces, he approved her going back to a dance or gymnastics class with heavy use of sanitizer.  This is huge since this is the doctor that said “No Movie Theaters – Even if They Are Empty!”  Amazingly, we also got a pass to go swimming BUT only in a private, heavily chlorinated pools that have not had kids pee in them.  Finding a pee-free pool might be a challenge. 

Kennedy had her spinal injection of chemo in the morning and sported a sleeping mask.  It worked pretty good because dad said she didn’t wake up as easily after the Ketamine this time.  When I got to the hospital at 6’ish she was taking another nap.  Of course this means we will be having a late night play date.

This week was busy for Kennedy. Molly came over on Monday to work with K; Kaitlyn started giving piano lessons on Tuesday and Cousin Aileen and Aunt Joanne came by on Wednesday. 

Since Kennedy and I are roomies tonight, she also wants to blog, this is from the princess:
I slept long when I got the pokey in my back with Kelly (her AG Doll).  And I’m with my mom at the hospital.  I wanted to stay up till 1 in the morning but I am pretty tired.  And I made an American Girl Doll project.  Dr. Manera came from vacation.  Dad was with me for my pokey.

1 comment:

  1. I love that she wore a sleeping mask. Kennedy, you are such a brave girl when you get your pokey! I hope that this weekend goes smoothly and you get out early. Much love to you guys!
    Kate & Ella

    ReplyDelete