Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Day 89



I surrender, Kennedy wins.  Despite trying to keep her in her room at night, I lose.  She won’t sleep through the night and I refuse to take away the American Doll experience. I’m sure I’ve broken every parenting rule of “don’t threaten unless you plan on following through” but this kid has been through so much, what’s a few years of no sleep?  And, I’m lucky she is turning 5, things could have been a lot worse and darn it, we are going to make this birthday phenomenal.  Our new deal is she has to go to sleep in her room but if she wakes up in the middle of the night, she is welcome to grab her sleeping bag and spend the rest of the night in our room.  Key word is “quietly”.  I’m hoping she will be so uncomfortable sleeping on the floor that she will want to move back in to her room.  So far, this rationale is not working but I will keep trying.

 
We are looking forward to tomorrow, it’s Kennedy’s 5th birthday.  Maddox has a play date during the day and Gene and I are taking Kennedy to American Girl to celebrate.  Kennedy’s new curly haired doll will be waiting for her in the hot-seat at the café.  We have lunch at 12:30 followed by a meeting with a personal shopper so we can dress her doll and get its ears pierced.  Maddox has his first baseball game at night.  Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Sergey are coming to the game and after we will continue the celebration at Rain Forest Café.  It’s nice to have something to look forward to.  Kennedy is 5, that is a huge win!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Kennedy! Sounds like you are in for the most perfect birthday of all time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Kennedy has a magical birthday experience. There are no rules for parenting under these conditions, you just do what works for you!
    Blessings~Katie & Ella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happiest Birthday Kennedy! 5! So awesome! Your day sounds like it's filled with fun-can't wait to see pictures of you and your doll! Enjoy YOUR day Kennedy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope she had a wonderful birthday and I hope you are all sleeping through the night soon!

    ReplyDelete