Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 84


I just left my two favorite baldies and went home.  Today was a nice day even though it was spent in the hospital.  Kennedy finally went to sleep around 1’ish last night and I couldn’t fall asleep until around 2:30 (and of course I was up at 6).  Taking into account the potty breaks every hour or so from the chemo and fluids, I think I slept 2 hours.  Sleeping beauty woke up at 10:30 full of energy and with my lack of sleep it was hard to keep up! 

Kennedy made me a mother’s day  t-shirt in the playroom, played kitchen and built with lego blocks for most of the day.  When she was done with that, we went in the teen lounge, where she had some popcorn and watched the Muppets.  I think I passed out half way through the movie.  When we were done with that, we went back to her room and did some school work and hung out until dad came with her strawberry milkshake.  She didn’t eat much today and we were hoping she would drink the shake but she only had a few sips.  Dad brought dinner for us too and since Kennedy didn’t like the smell, we pulled out some chairs and her tray table and dined in the hallway.  We had a semi-date night of 15 minutes or so in the corridor of the hospital (thankfully we were at the end of the hall). 

Maddox is at Grandmas tonight and I was a bit worried about coming home to an empty house but am actually enjoying the silence.  I’m looking forward to catching up on some much needed sleep.  Tomorrow Maddox has baseball practice and a birthday party so we’ll have some time to hang out in between.  Hopefully when he’s done with both, K will be ready to come home and we can meet dad to pick her up.

Sweet Dreams!

1 comment:

  1. We hope her appetite is better today, and that you got some much needed and deserved rest!
    Blessings~Katie & Ella

    ReplyDelete